Stuff I like
Bitcoin. A math-based money anchored into physics. A machine producing an incorruptible truth. A solid foundation for healthy societies.
- Applied cryptography. Usability and scalability research
- Open source software engineering
- Product design, development, and simplicity
Some stuff I do
- ZeroSync: A STARK proof to verify Bitcoin's chain state in an instant.
- BitVM: Compute Anything on Bitcoin
- Stakechains: A Bitcoin-backed proof-of-stake algorithm based on one-time Schnorr signatures (presented at CoDecFin'22). Also co-authoring a research paper on this topic with David Tse and his group at Stanford University.
- zkCoins: A payment system with strong privacy and scalability, combining a client-side validation protocol with validity proofs.
- BitStream: Decentralized file hosting incentivised via Bitcoin payments.
Other stuff I do for fun
- Designing protocols on top of Bitcoin such as improved stealth addresses, light clients, or an OR operator for DLCs and PTLCs based on verifiable encryption.
- Some Day Peg: Betting on a two-way peg to bridge BTC to other chains.
- Bitcoin DEX (backend is down). A trading protocol based on non-interactive atomic swaps using sighash_single. A Bitcoin SPV client in Solidity for a trustless two-way peg between Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- Simple Bitcoin web app. Usability research on key management, using secure key generation from email and password via a WarpWallet, and storing credentials in the Browser's password manager. A related work is Secure Bookmarks.
- Exotic Bitcoin Scripts such as TicTacToe in a Schnorr signature, or nondeterministic programming.
- SnapDrop: share files on your local network. Had millions of yearly users since its launch in 2016.
- Raised awareness for known privacy issues in browsers and web platforms (e.g. Github, StackOverflow, Instagram ) to create public awareness to fix them. E.g. "webkay" or "social media leak".
- Discovered security bugs in major software products and received bug bounties from companies like Google, Twitter, and Apple.